Feathers are trending in home décor and inspired by this trend, we have created a DIY feather wreath tutorial.
You could use any coloured feathers you like but white is HUGE this year and as a neutral colour, it’s sure to work in well with your other Christmas accessories.
We love how fluffy and festive the wreath turned out!
Items you will need
- 12 Styrofoam balls
- Feathers or feather boa
- Super glue (optional)
- Thread an 80cm piece of wire through the Styrofoam balls. You may want to use a skewer to create a hole through the centre of each ball first.
- Twist the wire to fasten it together at the top and create a small loop so you can hang the wreath. Cut the excess wire.
- There are two options for adding feathers. You can wrap a feather boa around the wreath (depending on the size of your wreath, you may need two boas), using a few spots of super glue to secure it in place. Or, using a skewer you can create small holes to insert individual feathers until you have the fullness you want. We went with the second option and love the way the wreath turned out.
- Use a relatively thick wire so the wreath will hold its shape once hung.
- Go easy on the super glue as it can dissolve the Styrofoam, only a few small spots of glue are needed.
We have lots of other Christmas DIYs and stories that you might also like to check out, including how to make your own Christmas clay ornaments, a DIY Christmas tree out of pallets and gift wrapping ideas.
Do you have a favourite Christmas DIY you think we’d love too? Tell us about it in the comments below.