Last month’s challenge to style your bed with Hunting For George was our most popular challenge yet and while that team is busy selecting their winner, it’s time for us to get started on the next challenge!
With the weather warming up, our minds are wandering to thoughts of afternoon hangs with friends outside.
Yet outdoor spaces are often last on the list to get completed. If you’re anything like us, your outdoor space could sure do with a bit of lovin’! So that’s what this month’s challenge is all about.
November challenge: We want you to style a pocket of your outdoors!
We’ve always said we want these challenges to be manageable tasks we can complete each month to help us love our homes just that bit more. So fear not, we’re not asking you to restyle your entire back terrace or do any heavy landscaping work (although feel free to go all out if you like 😉 ), rather, we’re breaking it down and challenging you to create just one small space where you can sit and enjoy the outdoors this Summer.
Perhaps you have a sun lounge, hammock or outdoor dining area?
It can be any outdoor space, any size, any style.
Bring a bit of style to this space by introducing pot plants or hanging planters, some softness with cushions or throws, and some ambience with outdoor lights or candles.
Of course we’ve partnered with an amazing brand to help inspire us for this challenge and to give one lucky winner an amazing prize at the end of the month. Huge thanks to Basil Bangs — an Australian company born of a love for all things outdoors — who will be giving away 4 of their stunning outdoor cushions.
Yep, you read correctly! That’s $300 worth of their stunning outdoor cushions of your choice!
We love their bold designs, piped edges and that they are made with specially treated outdoor fabric so they’ll last in our harsh climate.
How to join in
For those of you who have already been playing along, you’ll know just what to do but for any newcomers (and we always love welcoming new people to these challenges!), here’s a quick recap:
1. Style a pocket of your outdoors. Gina will share her tips to do this asap.
2. Take a photo of your space. On your phone will do just fine 😉
3. Upload your photo to social media. Be sure to include the #stylecuratorchallenge hashtag and tag us (@stylecuratorau) as well as the lovely people at Basil Bangs (@basilbangs on Instagram or Facebook) who have provided the incredible prize! We will be checking Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and even Google+.
4. Show some love. Check out the photos other people have uploaded of their home by following the #stylecuratorchallenge hashtag. Like, comment and encourage each other along.
5. Tell your friends about the challenge. The more people who play along, the more fun this is going to be! You can ‘share’ this page to any social media site or email it to a friend.
And feel free to join in as many times as you like!
Terms: image must be uploaded to social media between 1 – 30 November 2016, including the #stylecuratorchallenge hashtag and tagging both Style Curator and Basil Bangs. Only Australian residents are eligible to win the prize but everyone is welcome to join in the challenge. Basil Bangs will select their favourite image by 7 December and the winner will be announce on the blog.
Fear not, if you have a backyard that’s a dirt patch or dated furniture you can’t wait to replace, we still want you to join in. It’s about making the most of what you’ve got and giving it a go to have a bit of fun.
Now get to it! We can’t wait to see how you spruce up your outdoor space!