We love seeing what clever and creative things our readers get up to and when Kristy sent in photos of her recent art project, we just had to share it!
How many of you have a box of old buttons at home? We’re guessing most so you’ve already got half the materials you need for this DIY button art tutorial.
Items you will need:
– picture frame
– print out of letter or shape
– black piece of paper
– glue gun
1. Trace your letter or shape that you want to buttonify onto the blank piece of paper. A trick is to hold it up against a window and place the blank page on top to trace around.
2. Lay out your buttons and before touching the glue, move them around to fill in the shape. Once you have a design you’re happy with, glue them in place.
3. Once dry, erase any pencil marks that may be showing and frame.
How easy is that?!
– Try and group colour buttons together to create monochrome artwork like an all green or all white piece
– Experiment with small and large buttons and don’t be afraid to mix in some unusual textures
– It’s up to you what you create so let your imagination go wild. For a kids room a big number for the child’s age, or in the entry of your home a capital letter of your family name are just some ideas you could try
If you have a DIY project you would like to share, email it to us at email@example.com — we’d love to see it!