Writing for Style Curator
If you work in the interior/design industry or are an expert in a related field (such as home renovation) and have a story idea, get in touch!
Email email@example.com with your pitch. It’s important to be upfront in your original email about any requirements you have, such as website links or product mentions you want included — we do not accept media releases, editorial placements or supplied articles from digital marketing agencies as guest posts.
Our blog reaches over 100,000 interior-loving enthusiasts each month and is a great way of getting your work in front of a large and engaged audience.
We will consider all story ideas related to the home but have a strong bias towards those that provide helpful tips or information, show a unique project (such as a renovation before or after), or are heavily image based with aspirational photos that our audience would love.
The kinds of guest posts we publish:
- Decorating and styling tips
- ‘How to’ and DIY projects
- New product reviews
- Upcoming artists
- Real life decorating and renovation stories
To have your story considered, please ensure it is:
- well written, we have a plain English approach and love a bit of personality, a friendly tone or even humour
- is at least 300 words and not more than 1500 words in length
- includes a minimum of 4 images that are at least 700px wide (attached separately rather than embedded in the Word doc) and suit the aesthetic of our blog. If you do not own the copyright to the images, you must provide a URL to the original image and credit appropriately
- include URLs to relevant websites in the copy
- provide a 50 word author bio and any links to your social networking profiles you’d like to add.
Please note we do get inundated with guest post submissions and unfortunately cannot publish them all. We do not consider pitches that are clearly sponsored content, please email these to firstname.lastname@example.org instead.
We support and encourage contributions from independent makers or artists, first time bloggers, and other emerging creatives.
If writing for Style Curator isn’t your thing but you have a great idea for a story, drop us a line at email@example.com and we’ll follow up the lead. Looking forward to hearing from you!