Christmas is right around the corner and with the festivities comes a mad dash for gifts, food and Christmas decorations. Although Christmas is our favourite time of the year, the total cost of Christmas can really weigh down your wallet.
Today we’re sharing this super cheap and easy DIY paper bag snowflake hack to help you add a big dose of festive styling to your home without breaking the budget.
Items you’ll need:
- 8 paper bags
- Glue stick
- Hole punch
1. Glue eight paper bags together along the base and spine. Essentially, you are writing an upside down T on each bag with glue to stick a stack of bags together.
2. Cut your preferred shape with scissors. We went with a simple petal shape by using a curved line but you can use a diagonal line for a more pointed star.
3. Add decorative elements such as small diamond cutouts and circles with your hole punch. Don’t be afraid to experiment! If you have a craft punch or stamps you want to use, go for it!
4. Glue the two ends together by repeating the upside down T technique from Step 1.
5. Punch a hole through one tip of the star, place some string through it and hang up your creation!
With this hack, more is more! So we suggest creating a cluster of 5 or more stars that you can hang along a wall or suspend from the ceiling. Experiment with different shapes and styles for added interest. Plus, you can use a mix of different paper bags, such as white, or different shades of brown.
Given you can buy a bag of 100 paper bags for just $1, this has got to be one of the most affordable Christmas decorating tricks out there. And because this is such a simple yet high impact DIY, we’re sure you’ll have fun making it too!
What do you think of this DIY paper bag snowflake? Will you try it out this Christmas? Have you made your own version? We’d love to know! Leave us a comment in the comment section below!