All this rain lately has been great for the garden… but how about the weed situation?! 🤯
I don’t know about you, but a sea of weeds has taken over my outdoor area. And not just in the garden, but in between paving and popping up in footpath cracks. It’s almost impossible to pull it all out by hand which is why I turned to a weed killer.
Many store bought weed killers contain toxic chemicals you’d rather not use around pets or children. So I was thrilled when my neighbour shared a natural weed killer recipe — which actually works! Of course, I had to share it with you!
Items you will need:
- 1L white vinegar
- 3/4 cup salt
- 3 tablespoons of dishwashing liquid
- Jug to combine ingredients
- Watering can or spray bottle to apply onto weeds
1. Combine 3/4 cup of salt, 3 tablespoons of dishwashing liquid (also called dish soap) and 1 litre of white vinegar. Stir well to dissolve the salt.
2. Once mixed well, transfer into a watering can or spray bottle so you can apply it directly onto weeds.
3. Spray weeds with your natural weed killer and within days they will shrivel up and die.
It’s that easy (and cheap!) to make your own natural weed killer. Just be aware, it also works on plants and lawn so only apply it directly onto weeds.
Will you give this natural weed killer a try? Or do you know any other natural ways to care for the garden? We’d love you to share your tips and tricks in the comments so everyone can benefit!