For those people who don’t want chocolates at Easter — who even are they?! — here’s a sweet Easter gift wrap idea using fabric to create a bunny shape. It gives any gift an Easter flavour and best of all, it’s low waste! Watch the video below or keep reading to see how easy it is to wrap a gift like a bunny using fabric.
Related article: Let’s Easter: Three simple and stylish Easter table settings
Related article: DIY speckled Easter egg bath bombs
Items you will need:
- Piece of fabric (it’s best to use cotton or another material with some hold rather than nylon, muslin or a slinky fabric)
- Crimping scissors (to prevent frayed edges)
- Fabric starch spray or hairspray
1. Cut the fabric edges with crimping scissors to prevent frayed edges (optional but gives a nicer finish).
2. Place the gift on the fabric, with the ‘good’ side facing down and leaving 1/3 extra fabric at a the top.
3. Wrap the gift as you usually would but rather than folding down the top, tie a knot using twine or thread.
4. Then shape two bunny ears that you also tie into place with twine.
5. To keep the ears up, either use fabric starch or hairspray. Spray a generous amount and leave the gift lying down until dry.
It’s that easy to wrap an Easter present like a bunny! Will you use this gift wrap technique for some-bunny special?