There is just 8 weeks until Christmas so it’s time to start bringing that festive cheer into our homes.
Today we’re going to show you how to turn a bland jute Kmart door mat into a Nordic-inspired festive mat using little more than some black paint and a stencil.[ingredients title=”Items you will need”]
- Door mat (we bought ours from Kmart)
- Black paint (we used Impact by Haymes)
- Paint brush
- Cardboard or other thick material as stencil
- Make your stencil by cutting out your Christmas tree shape. We used a thick piece of felt but would recommend cardboard as a better option.
- Paint several Christmas trees randomly on the face of the mat. Consider clustering several trees together to create a forest feel.
- Paint the border of the mat in two coats of black paint to finish the look.
Tip: watch out for wet paint as it’s difficult to remove unwanted paint from jute.
What do you think of this easy Kmart hack? Will you make a festive door mat for your home?