Have you heard about this craze called hacking? It started years ago with people doing IKEA hacks, turning an object for one use into something totally different. Well this year the trend is all about Kmart hacks and what can we say, it’s too fun not to get involved!
We’ve loved cubic forms for a while now — that stunning Kubus candleholder has been on our wish list for over a year! — and we finally found a cubic shape at Kmart for just $8, BARGAIN!
But being bright yellow and a little bit clunky, we decided to turn it from a lantern into a succulent garden, here’s how…
Items you will need
- Kmart lantern 20cm
- Black spray paint (flat or matte finish)
- Bowl for succulent garden (we bought the ‘Host’ serving bowl 17cm from Freedom for $5.95)
- Selection of succulents, cacti or air plants
- 1. Spray paint the lantern. It’s best to do several light coats, waiting for the paint to completely dry in between coats, to avoid any dribbles or bubbling.
- Create your succulent garden by arranging the plants, considering the contrast of height, texture and colour, and place your succulent garden on the platform! So easy, you’re done!
Have you tried any Kmart hacks? We’d love to hear about it in the comments below!