Tissue tassel garlands are a huge party décor trend!
They’re fluffy and fun, inexpensive and easy to make, and fill a lot of visual space making them perfect for backdrops at parties — think above a dessert bar or behind a Photo Booth.
Don’t spend a fortune buying these online when you can make them yourself at home. Many online tutorials use wire to secure the tassel but our kid-friendly version doesn’t have any sharp edges.
We like garlands that use at least 3-4 colours — especially those that mix gold or metallic paper.
[ingredients title=”Items you will need”]
- Tissue paper (3-4 colours)
- Sticky tape
1. Cut 2 sheets of folded tissue paper 40cm by 20cm.
2. Cut all the way along the length of the tissue paper (approximately 1-3 cm wide), leaving three centimeters at the top of each cut.
3. Tightly roll the tissue paper until you get approximately 10cm from the end.
4. Twist one strand and use it to create a loop. Sticky tape it into place.
5. Finish rolling the tissue paper and staple it firmly to keep the tassel together.
6. Create as many tassels as you like string a twine through the eye of the tassels and hang!
These garlands are perfect for parties or nursery décor! What upcoming event would you use these garlands for?