Lately I’ve been searching for a big boy bed for Patrick and because I know many of you are parents with little ones too, I thought I’d share my top 7 beds for boys.
After looking at what feels like hundreds of beds online, these were the standouts to me — great value for money and simple, stylish or versatile designs.
Unlike some designer beds on the market (often priced into the thousands), all the beds on this list are under $300.
I’d love your vote to help me pick the bed for Patrick or if you’ve found another one you think is a better option please share it in the comments below!
1. Scandi-style bed from Temple & Webster $299: Fab sleek design but perhaps a bit too high off the ground? I’m sure there are side bumpers you could find though and the height does offer good under-bed storage.
2. Navy bed from Zanui $299.95: I love that this one doesn’t have any hard edges and isn’t too high from the ground. The colour is also fab!
3. Light oak and white bed from Fantastic Furniture $129: It’s hard to beat this price and the high sides are great to prevent rolling out of bed and also to help them climb into bed on their own. I’m just not sure about the oak finish… so might need to see it in person.
4. Grey upholstered bed with white piping from Mocka $222.95: I love the modern shape and piping details (also bonus points for being low to the ground). I would most likely paint the black legs or swap them for timber legs though. (Also available in black)
5. Simple white bed from IKEA $169: Because often less is more, this super simple (and affordable) bed has made the list. It’s higher off the ground than I’m looking for but it does offer great under-bed storage or the option to have a pull out bed below.
6. Dark navy button detail bed by bedsonline $299: Very similar to the Zanui bed, this one features a slightly darker fabric and button detail, and the shape of the front legs are angled.
7. White extendable bed from IKEA $269: I really like how this bed can be extended as your child grows, and the high sides and rounded design are great.
I’m tossing up whether to get the simple navy upholstered bed from Zanui or possibly the grey Mocka bed — I love that they are low to the ground and don’t have any hard edges. Also, upholstered beds are just so darn stylish and will really suit the new look for his room.
If you’re looking for a bed for your child too, I hope this list of beds for boys was helpful!
PS – I’ll be updating Patrick’s room and sharing his big boy bedroom with you soon x