Terrazzo is EVERYWHERE at the moment and we LOVE it!
If you’re keen to move away from the ever-popular marble and concrete, terrazzo provides an earthy and interesting alternative.
For those of you yet to discover the beauty of terrazzo, it’s made by mixing marble, granite, quartz, or glass chips into a cement binder so every piece of terrazzo is unique. There’s also endless possibilities for colour and design and as a result, terrazzo is versatile enough to suit any decor.
While traditionally known for being a fabulous flooring or tiling option, we’re seeing all sorts of terrazzo products available now — from platters and pots to bedding that uses a terrazzo print.
We’ve round up our top 7 favourite ways to bring terrazzo into your home.
Shop our favourite terrazzo pieces
1. Terrazo knob set of 6 from Zakkia $69: These sweet handles are the perfect way to update your existing kitchen or laundry with a touch of terrazzo. Available in black, white or rose pink.
2. Doiy terrazzo cheeseboard from Hard to Find $99.95: Chunky and funky, this terrazzo cheeseboard is on-trend alternative to the usual marble or timber platters.
3. Terrazzo side table from Kmart $29: As usual, Kmart is serving up the latest trends at prices too good to ignore! This smart little side table features a terrazzo stone top, and can be used indoor or outdoor.
4. Terrazzo pendant light from Zanui $97.95: This gorgeous pendant would look great by itself, but even better in a row above your kitchen bench or dining table.
5. Capra Designs terrazzo large original pot from The Block Shop $145: These stunning handmade pots are available in black or white, and are perfect for showing off larger varieties of indoor plants.
6. Terrazzo clock from Capra Designs $155: If you love unique pieces, this is the one for you. Each clock is hand poured from resin, meaning no two are the same.
7. Patio cotton quilt cover set from Temple & Webster $129: We are absolutely loving this soft watercolour pattern. A delicate way to bring the terrazzo trend into the bedroom.
These are just some of our favourite ways to embrace the terrazzo trend in your home. Of course, if you feel like going really bold, you could use terrazzo tiles or terrazzo wallpaper too.
Have you stumbled across another way to use terrazzo in your home? Let us know about it in the comments.